Sunday, August 14, 2016

Evidence of New Birth





The answer to Nicodemus’ question, “How can a man be born when he is old?” is: Only when he is willing to die to everything in his life, including his rights, his virtues, and his religion, and becomes willing to receive into himself a new life that he has never before experienced (John 3:4). 


The Lord has a way of driving it home again and again. Why can't I seem to get this right? I slip into my painful thinking over and over. It is a battle that never lets up! I get so exhausted from fighting it!

It's all about continual surrender. Life isn't fair. It downright stinks sometimes...and I actually have it pretty darned good compared to many in this world. It's because I sometimes still hurt inside over things that happened before. And the enemy will sneak over and start reminding me of how life was unfair to me and that it would be nice if......blah blah blah! And I fall for it.

I need to stop this!

No comments:

Post a Comment