Monday, September 10, 2012

Missionary Weapons-1

Fig Tree
When you were under the fig tree, I saw you —John 1:48

The last sentence in the devotional today says:  
God’s training ground, where the missionary weapons are found, is the hidden, personal, worshiping life of the saint.

Basically it's all about being ready for a crisis. Do you think that when you are put to the test for your faith that you will rise to the occasion? If you are not worshiping in your private life,then you will fail to honor Him in the time of great testing.  This speaks deeply to me because I'm not sure I am doing what I should be doing in my private life.  Sometimes I get so busy that I barely give God a thought.

Everything will be out in the open, and you will find yourself to be of no value there if you have not been worshiping in everyday occasions in your own home.

I'm not entirely certain about Oswald's choice of scripture here.  I guess it symbolizes how Nathaniel acted when he was not in church...or with his spiritual friends...when he was in an everyday setting. If you have any insight on this, let me know.

Today's question to ponder is: Do you worship the Lord when you are alone in an every day setting?

Photo Image:  Taken by Mike Bogle. A picture of a fig tree in Sydney, Australia. Wikimedia Commons

1 comment:

  1. I have definitely not arrived. But, I am in a better place than I was years ago. I am still growing, thanks to His grace.

    ReplyDelete