Sunday, April 13, 2014

Casting my cares on Him



Cast all of your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.  Psalm 55:22.

I don't know why it has taken me 33 years of practice and I'm still not really mastering this one. I accepted Christ when I was 14 years old. (Go ahead, do the math) You would think that I would be getting this one by now, but instead I lay in bed worrying about things.  Here are my list of worries last night.

  • My son will be living in Boston for a year starting at the end of August. He's going to volunteer for an organization called "City Year." My worries are: where will he live? How will he be able to pay for things? What if he lives in a bad part of the city and gets mugged? Where will he go to college after that?
  • My oldest daughter seems to be in no hurry to look at colleges. She's a junior. Where will she go? How will we afford it? What will she do?  Lately we've been butting heads. She doesn't seem to like me very much. Will we ever happily get along?  She seems very ungrateful and disrespectful sometimes.
  • My youngest daughter seems so solemn sometimes. She is also following in her sister's footsteps in her attitude toward me. Will these two girls grow up to be respectful helpful citizens? I've made many mistakes raising them, is it too late to fix things?
  • Will I have a job next year?
I feel like sometimes that my burdens are heavy...I know that they could be worse. Anyway, I forget to roll them back onto The Lord. I have to hand my kids over to Him. I need his guidance knowing how to raise them best and handing them back to him at the same time. How do I decipher what is my responsibility and what needs to be let go?

1 comment:

  1. Life has no shortage of things to worry about.
    We should meet up for lunch (or coffee).

    ReplyDelete