Sunday, June 14, 2015

Get Moving 1

There are some things in the Christian walk that I need to "do myself." For example....I need to choose and work at bringing every thought into captive obedience to Christ.

We demolish arguments and every pretention that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.   2 Corinthians 10:5

I need to start living victoriously. I have not been doing well in my walk with the Lord lately. I have not been spending time in prayer or in His word. Why am I surprised when I am once again in the depths of despair and discouragement? Why have I fallen victim to the lies of Satan....who constantly whispers how worthless I am and reminds me of all of my failures?

I don't know why my heavenly Father even puts up with me. I just want to be honest that I am human. I fail...I am not the spiritual one that lives in constant victory. I am real.

Sometimes when I go through and read these devotionals, I can hardly believe that I wrote them. They sound so wise and strong....when I am not. Most of the time when I read them, I can't even remember coming up with the words. I think...did I copy this? Was this really me writing this?

Satan is a liar. He wants to devour me. He knows my weakest points. He knows when to strike. Why do I not arm myself against this? Against these pretenses. Against these arguments.

"Oh, Lord...that I would live victoriously every minute of every day. That you would change my heart. That you would be my all and my everything. That I would not look to the left or the right. That I would not listen to the lies and believe them. That I would not think that I am capable and strong...and that I can do life on my own...that I know a better way. That I would not foolishly believe that I could find fulfillment in something or someone other than you, Jesus. I can only be victorious on my knees and in searching your truth that is found in your word."

This is straight from Chambers' devotional today:

Our Lord’s inner abiding was pure and unblemished. He was at home with God wherever His body was. He never chose His own circumstances, but was meek, submitting to His Father’s plans and directions for Him. Just think of how amazingly relaxed our Lord’s life was! But we tend to keep God at a fever pitch in our lives. We have none of the serenity of the life which is “hidden with Christ in God.

Since then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you will also appear with him in glory.
Colossians 3:1-4

You say, “Yes, Lord, just a minute— I still have this to do. Yes, I will abide as soon as this is finished, or as soon as this week is over. It will be all right, Lord. I will abide then.” 

I am sorry to admit that I do that all the time. The dishes, blogging, running an errand, cooking dinner, doing whatever...so many time it takes precedence over spending time with the Lord. I need to get moving NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment