- The Holy Spirit is the only one in the proper position to criticize, and He alone is able to show what is wrong without hurting and wounding.
- It is impossible to enter into fellowship with God when you are in a critical mood.
Interestingly enough, sometimes I find that my criticism is directed towards myself.
- Jesus says that as His disciple you should cultivate a temperament that is never critical. This will not happen quickly but must be developed over a span of time. You must constantly beware of anything that causes you to think of yourself as a superior person.
- Stop having a measuring stick for other people. There is always at least one more fact, which we know nothing about, in every person’s situation.
- have never met a person I could despair of, or lose all hope for, after discerning what lies in me apart from the grace of God.