Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 1-The spiritual index


They say it takes 90 days to develop a new habit. Hence...the exercise programs that are designed around 90 days. So, am I thinking about developing a new habit of bodily exercise? Well...that would probably be good, but no. I have become convicted that my spiritual walk has become very poor. I am becoming weaker and weaker in my faith and prayer life. I have pulled out the old classic by Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest. I thought maybe I could commit to 90 days of this and then see what happens.

what I have observed of myself lately:
  • time with God is nil
  • relationship with husband is lacking
  • I don't have a willing servant's heart
  • I don't have a cheerful disposition
  • prayer life? What prayer life?
  • I am struggling more with negative thoughts.
I fully expect Satan to try to sabotage this decision.

Today's scripture is Matthew 7:7-12, focusing on the 9th verse.
Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
Chambers is quick to point out that if we don't align ourselves as children of God, we cannot expect blessings when we pray. Verse 12 says, So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you...

Chambers words: "I am a child of God only by regeneration, and as a child of God I am good only as I walk in the light....It is no use praying unless we are living as children of God."

Photo: My daughter on Canandaigua Lake, Canandaigua, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment