Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 7-Am I convinced by Christ?

Luke 10:19-20
...However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.

I think I am a lot like these disciples. I get excited when I know I've made a difference in the world for Christ. I somehow think I deserve a star. "Look what I did because of Christ!" Although, I am quick to point out that I didn't do it on my own, it is far better to acknowledge that Christ has shed his grace upon me by allowing me to become his child. It is too easy to slip into a little bit of pride.

I like what Chambers pointed out:
Keep your relationship right with Him, then whatever circumstances you are in, and whoever you meet day by day, He is pouring rivers of living waters through you, and it is of His mercy that He does not let you know it.

...remember that wherever you are, you are put there by God; and by the reaction of your life on the circumstances around you, you will fulfill God's purpose, as long as you keep in the light as god is in the light.

My favorite part of todays' devotional is underlined above. I am glad that He doesn't let me know. Sometimes He does let me know years later. A couple of years ago I was talking to a man I had gone to high school with. I had not seen him in years. He has since become a Christian. This is an amazing thing...you would never have believed he would ever become a follower of Christ had you known him back then. What surprised me was that he told me that he remembered me being a "good Christian girl." I guess I was of some influence on him. I never would have guessed it. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't know because I probably would have gotten in the way of Christ working through me.

My job is to walk in the light of Christ....period!

Photo: Corbett's Glenn. Brighton, NY

1 comment:

  1. I love how the photo goes along with your devotion.

    It is my hope that God is able to use me when I am not looking too. He often works in what seems almost too simple; the tying of a child's shoe, a word of encouragement to a friend or stranger, a cup of cold water given to a child. Can I remember this? Or do I need to? I think it needs to become something He just does through me without my ever thinking twice.

    ReplyDelete