Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 4-Theology alive

Sometimes I have been given glimpses of revelation by the Lord. Maybe it came in the form of a conviction, or an idea. I admit that I have many times not acted upon these messages from Him and therefore the conviction or idea fizzled away. Of course, I am not proud of this, but it is the truth. I have not always acted in the way that a daughter of the King should. Sometimes the result of not acting was obviously negative...but other times the results appeared to be not much at all in the end. I use the word "appeared" because maybe this isn't true. Where would I be now, if I obeyed His every word? I think I should see any negligence of obedience, however small, as disastrous.

The scripture given in Chambers today is from John 12:35 "Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you."

Here are some thoughts from Chambers:
"The second you waive the question of sanctification or any other thing upon which God gave you light, you begin to get dry rot in your spiritual life. Continually bring the truth out into actuality; work it out in every domain, or the very light you have will prove a curse."

"If you say you are sanctified, show it. The experience must be so genuine that it is shown in the life."

Photo: my husband and cousin. Taken in Mukles' Garden, Trumansburgh, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment