Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 19-Ministering as opportunity surrounds us


John 13:14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet.

Everyday, God calls us to serve Him in the mundane things. How are we doing? consider the following:
The things that Jesus did were of the most menial and commonplace order, and this is an indication that it takes all God's power in me to do the most commonplace things in His way.

So...do I make dinner, do the dishes, laundry and take care of the house the way He wants me to? Do I wipe up that spill once again in His spirit? How do I interact with people? Does it please Him?

These are scary questions for me because I quite often do not feel like doing any of these things and I know that I do not always do them with a joyful heart. Can I step up to the plate and be the servant He wants me to be? I can see now the truth of what Chamber's wrote...that it would certainly take all of God's power in me to serve in the way He desires.

1 comment:

  1. This one spoke to me also. I am Martha, you know, and I'm not just saying that because it is my name. I wish I could say I always serve with a smile and in His spirit, but that would be a lie. He is, however, working on me. :)

    (Where did you find that statue. I love it!)

    ReplyDelete