Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Imagination vs. Inspiration

I have managed to miss a day of this devotional. I am a little disappointed in myself...but willing to forgive myself too. I have decided to stop numbering the devotionals and just put the title up.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from our sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

Are things always clear to you? Not to me. Sometimes when God gives me directions I say, "Are you sure, Lord?" Or sometimes I try to think through the reasoning of the direction and if they don't make sense, I can convince myself that I must have misunderstood...or that it couldn't have been God after all. What is Chamber's take? From his own words: You cannot think a spiritual muddle clear, you have to obey it clear. And of course, I had to think about that sentence until the meaning was clear since it was a little muddled at first.

Matthew 11:25 ...Jesus said, "I thank you Father , Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children."

We must think like little children...not needing too much explanation for everything. Little children trust their parents. If their parents say something is so, then it must be so. Life is much simpler for a child because they let their parents take care of things and make all the decisions. It is hard to become childlike in this regard, but that it is exactly what we need to do.

Another quote from Chamber's: When the natural power of vision is devoted to the Holy Spirit, it becomes the power of perceiving God's will and the whole life is kept in simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment