Saturday, August 22, 2015

Prayer-Battle in the Secret Place

“But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”             Matthew‬ ‭6:6‬ ‭


We must have a specially selected place for prayer, but once we get there this plague of wandering thoughts begins, as we begin to think to ourselves, “This needs to be done, and I have to do that today.” Jesus says to “shut your door.” Having a secret stillness before God means deliberately shutting the door on our emotions and remembering Him. (Chambers)

I need to learn how to shut the door more tightly than I usually do. I want closeness to my Father again...on a consistent basis. It really is a atyle I keep my mind focused on him.

When we truly live in “the secret place,” it becomes impossible for us to doubt God. We become more sure of Him than of anyone or anything else. Enter into “the secret place,” and you will find that God was right in the middle of your everyday circumstances all the time. Get into the habit of dealing with God about everything. (Chambers)

No comments:

Post a Comment