Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Peace of Jesus

Are you severely troubled right now?...Then look up and receive the quiet contentment of the Lord Jesus. Reflecting His peace is proof that you are right with God, because you are exhibiting the freedom to turn your mind to Him. If you are not right with God, you can never turn your mind anywhere but on yourself. Allowing anything to hide the face of Jesus Christ from you either causes you to become troubled or gives you a false sense of security. (Chambers)

With regard to the problem that is pressing in on you right now, are you “looking unto Jesus” and receiving peace from Him?...We become troubled because we have not been taking Him into account.(Chambers)

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” ‭‭John‬ ‭14:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Why do I allow myself to get so worked up and worried about things?


No comments:

Post a Comment