Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Discipline of the Lord

 
 My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him. Hebrews 12:5

I have become very discouraged lately. Nothing is going "according to the plan"...at least not my plan that is. Is the Lord disciplining me?

Chambers:
When the Lord disciplines you like that, let Him have His way with you. Allow Him to put you into a right-standing relationship before God.

Am I fully prepared to allow God to grip me by His power and do a work in me that is truly worthy of Himself? Sanctification is not my idea of what I want God to do for me— sanctification is God’s idea of what He wants to do for me.

 I have to admit that I'm not sure what is going on in my life. Is God disciplining me when things aren't going right-like not being able to find a job and not knowing where to turn next? Is God just stretching me? I still can't hear Him.

I know God wants me to trust Him...but it is so hard sometimes.

Image taken by me in Cooperstown, NY.

1 comment:

  1. I miss having a real church home. Somehow God is teaching and growing me through this time of dryness. I am waiting for the rain to come.

    ReplyDelete