Friday, July 17, 2015

Into the light

“This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.” ‭‭John‬ ‭3:19-21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

 Sometimes it's hard coming into the Lord's light and truth. That is when you relinquish control and allow the Lord to speak to you. And when he speaks to you...you'd best listen. I've done it both ways. I've been stubborn and gone my own way...because of my selfish desires. Because His way doesn't look like a good way. His way seems uncertain. I look where He points...and sometimes I say, "There, Lord? Are you sure?"

Other times I have listened, but sadly not often enough.

Jesus will never insist that I obey, but if I don’t,I have already begun to sign the death certificate of the Son of God in my soul. When I stand face to face with Jesus Christ and say, “I will not obey,” He will never insist. But when I do this, I am backing away from the recreating power of His redemption. It makes no difference to God’s grace what an abomination I am, if I will only come to the light. But “Woe is me” if I refuse the light. (Oswald Chambers)

No comments:

Post a Comment