Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Keeping the Lord's perspective on relationships


Jesus did not commit Himself to them…, for He knew what was in man. —John 2:24-25

But the disillusionment that comes from God brings us to the point where we see people as they really are, yet without any cynicism or any stinging and bitter criticism. Many of the things in life that inflict the greatest injury, grief, or pain, stem from the fact that we suffer from illusions. We are not true to one another as facts, seeing each other as we really are; we are only true to our misconceived ideas of one another. There is only one Being who can completely satisfy to the absolute depth of the hurting human heart, and that is the Lord Jesus Christ. Our Lord is so obviously uncompromising with regard to every human relationship because He knows that every relationship that is not based on faithfulness to Himself will end in disaster. (Oswald Chambers)

I want to have this disillusionment of God. To see people with clarity and truth...understanding that they aren't perfect, that they will fail me at times...and yet keeping myself from reacting as I normally do (in anger and self defense...like a porcupine) Instead, I ought to keep loving, reacting in the gentleness that come from His spirit.

Men and women will fail me eventually and I will fail others. It's the human thing. The trick is to keep God's perspective on it so I am not thrown by disappointments (in both others and myself). To gain that perspective, we must seek God's by being in his word that is found in the Bibie and in devoted time of prayer to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment