Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Nothing slips by Him

I think that Oswald Chambers' devotional today is one of my favorites yet! It is perfect for what I am wrestling with lately. God is so good! Why don't I always believe that? Why do I forget that he is in control of everything?

He knows everything that has happened in my life. He knows everything that will happen in my life. I just need to trust him. I know it is true. He has shown me marvelous things that cannot be coincidence. He has whispered things in my ears that have come true. Why do I doubt? He holds everything in his hands. Nothing sneaks by him.

My Father in heaven loves me! Why do I not seek him with my whole heart? Why do I turn away from him? Why do I brood about things that I cannot change? "Oh Heavenly Father, I am so sorry that I have doubted you. Forgive me." 

Fill your mind with the thought that God is there. And once your mind is truly filled with that thought, when you experience difficulties it will be as easy as breathing for you to remember, “My heavenly Father knows all about this!” 

Jesus is laying down the rules of conduct for those people who have His Spirit, and it works on the following principle: God is my Father, He loves me, and I will never think of anything that He will forget, so why should I worry?

Jesus said there are times when God cannot lift the darkness from you, but you should trust Him. At times God will appear like an unkind friend, but He is not; He will appear like an unnatural father, but He is not; He will appear like an unjust judge, but He is not. Keep the thought that the mind of God is behind all things strong and growing. Not even the smallest detail of life happens unless God’s will is behind it. Therefore, you can rest in perfect confidence in Him. (Oswald Chambers)

 I need to live this truth.

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:7‬ ‭

“If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:11‬

He is my Father. I must have an attitude of trust that he has good gifts for me and that He wants me to ask him for things, to come to him...climb up on his lap and listen to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment