Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Oh, Holy Spirit...how I need you to fill me

Many of us who call ourselves Christians are not truly devoted to Jesus Christ. No one on earth has this passionate love for the Lord Jesus unless the Holy Spirit has given it to him. We may admire, respect, and revere Him, but we cannot love Him on our own. The only One who truly loves the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, and it is He who has “poured out in our hearts” the very “love of God” (Romans 5:5). Whenever the Holy Spirit sees an opportunity to glorify Jesus through you, He will take your entire being and set you ablaze with glowing devotion to Jesus Christ. (Oswald Chambers)

 Oh how I need the love of the Holy Spirit in me. How I pray for and yearn for that, as I fall so far short on my own strength. That's what I truly need...to be filled with the Holy Spirit. How I grieve the Lord Jesus with my sin of hatred.

No comments:

Post a Comment